Harfield polycarbonate products will give outstanding service providing the following points are observed:
- Never place the tableware near or on direct heat. For instance, do not put inside or on electric or gas cookers.
- Warming cupboards are usually safe for warming polycarbonate as long as they have no hot spots and do not exceed 85°C. Avoid warming for more than 60 minutes.
- Harfield polycarbonate tableware is microwave safe for reheating but not for cooking food.
DO NOT USE BLEACH OR ABRASIVES OF ANY KIND, I.E. SCOURING PADS, SCOURERS, CLEANING POWDERS OR LIQUIDS ETC.
Harfield polycarbonate tableware is dishwasher safe and suited to hand washing and sterilising sinks.
- Maximum dishwasher temperatures should be 60°C - 65°C for the wash and 70°C - 85°C for the rinse. Higher temperatures may cause deterioration of the material. Sterilising sinks should not exceed 90°C.
- Some dishwasher detergents / rinse aids may cause stress cracking to polycarbonate tableware.
- For information on specific detergents please contact your detergent supplier or manufacturer.
- Washing in hot soapy water should prevent any build up of discolouration.
- Milton Sterilising Fluid may be used to remove discolouration.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOUR DETERGENT AND RINSE AIDS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH POLYCARBONATE AND THAT THE CORRECT DOSAGES ARE USED. USING TOO MUCH OR LEAVING TABLEWARE TO SOAK FOR LONG PERIODS CAN SHORTEN THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCT.
Hand wash detergents
Do not use bactericidal detergents when washing polycarbonate tableware as this may cause deterioration of the material. Always check suitability of the hand wash detergent with the detergent manufacturer.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE WASH THOROUGHLY BEFORE USE TO ENSURE FULL EFFECTIVENESS OF THIS PRODUCT.